Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Next Generation

Yesterday, I had the honor of speaking to a group of 6 students who competed in a Market Basket Scholarship Competition, just like the one from this entry. Upon introducing me to the group at the beginning of the event, Haley mentioned my "unique talent" for making cheese wax figures. Well, since no one quite understands the idea until they actually get to see it, I decided to make the students their very own cheese wax people.

So while the students were hard at work making their plated entrees in the culinary battle for tuition money, I made a run over to Whole Foods and grabbed a couple bags of Baby Bell cheeses. By the end of their 90-minute allowance, I had fashioned the 6 contestants in cheese wax form.

Cheese wax people, like Iron Toque bones, are my way of saying 'Thanks for being a Rock Star.' By taking a chance and participating in the competition, these contestants are definitely Rock Stars in my book. Congrats guys!!!

Cheese Wax Market Basket Contestants, with uniform caps in honor of their future student status. (5 ladies, and 1 gentleman.)

One of the contestants and her sister were particularly interested in the cheese wax process and asked me if I knew how to make a dolphin. I've never had a request before, let alone one for a dolphin! So I tried my hand at a cheese wax dolphin.

My attempt at a Cheese Wax Dolphin.

Next up, Christmas Cheer in the Cheese Wax World!

Thanks for stopping by:-)

No comments: