Sunday, December 6, 2009

And so it goes...

Friday was our final day of class. If I dwell on the fact for too long, I get teary... so I'm going to distract myself with the backlog of images from previous classes.

Gum paste Tuberose Flowers from my final wedding cake project.
(For some reason, I'm particularly fond of this element of my cake. More so than the entire finished product.)


A chocolate box with ribbon, originally intended as a birthday gift.
(But alas, the morning sun through the kitchen window had other ideas...) This thing took me 3 days to make, two of which were spent trying to temper the chocolate. (You can't rush chocolate. Don't even try.)


Blown Sugar Snow Person!
(I haven't decided whether the bow on the hat makes it a female, or just metro-sexual...) Chef Devon called my work on this project "very clean."


Blown/pulled/poured sugar Peacock. My final project for our Showpieces class. The part you don't see is the pastillage and blown sugar Sun that managed to stay attached until the last block of my commute home.


Marzipan Critters: Snail, Whale, Duck, Bear, Owl.
This material is one of my favorites, as it is the most like cheese wax.

My externship at Patisserie Ganache begins tomorrow. This will likely be an exciting new adventure for the next 6 weeks. After that, I will be an official graduate.

Yikes...

Next up, cheese wax recognition for my non-instructors who made invaluable contributions to my time at CCA.

No comments: