Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

When it comes to a certain level of excitement over special days of the year, Halloween is right up there with my birthday. The weeks of October leading up to Halloween have always invoked a "Squee!" of excitement and anticipation. Unfortunately, due to my obscene work schedule for the past several years, Halloween has been forced to take a back seat to more pressing matters.

Now that the pressing matters have changed from appeasing evil supervisors to appeasing my inner child, I signed up for CCA's annual pumpkin carving contest. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years and was overwhelmed with nostalgia at the prospect of rediscovering a lost tradition.

Categories were: Most Creative, Most Scary, and Overall Favorite.

And imagine my excitement when upon reading the contest flier, I found out that we were allowed to bring props from home to decorate our pumpkins! It was then that I stopped trying to over-plan my pumpkin design, and just let the creative gears turn.


Cheese Wax Trick-or-Treaters:
Pumpkin, Witch, Mummy, Frankenstein.


CW Frankenstein flees in terror!
CW Mummy attempts to save CW Witch from being eaten by evil Jack-O-Lantern!
CW Pumpkin stands by with Home Alone expression!


Even cooler looking when it glows:-D

Hats off to the Cheese Wax Trick-or-Treaters for winning the Overall Favorite title!!!

Next up, Adventures in pulled Sugar or Are We There Yet??