Saturday, March 6, 2010

Featured Artist Segment: James Erd

A few weeks ago, Chef Lisa Wilson from Career Services pointed me in the direction of a film production company seeking a Production Assistant to help with craft services and catering. The film is called Doggie Boogie: Get Your Grrr On! When I arrived on set my first morning, I walked into a room filled with brightly colored draperies, costumes, pillows and props. Among which, I noticed perhaps the most unique combination of food and art I have ever seen...

CHEESE PUFF SCULPTURES!!!


Leaning Tower of Cheesa in progress, with what are perhaps some partially assembled doggie friends??


Potted plant and dog. Notice the slight color difference. Instead of cheese puffs, the base for the plant was covered with styrofoam peanuts that had been sliced in half, then sprayed with orange paint to create a more durable version of cheese puff art.


Cheese puff dog close up.


Gramophone. I believe this one is half styrofoam peanuts, half actual cheese puffs.


James Erd (aka Jema the Wolf) Prop Design and Construction.


Assembling the next great cheese puff artifact!


All pictures were taken and published with permission from Doggie Boogie LLC.

No comments: