Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More unwaxed (and extremely tasty!) cakes

God, I love cake...

I mean I really, really love cake. There's something very therapeutic about torting a cake into 3 even layers, slathering it's insides with delicious, gooey filling, and decorating it to look picture perfect. I think it's my new calling.

Here are a few more projects from Cakes class. I definitely see myself doing a lot of work with cakes as I venture into my new career. There's lots of juicy detail work to play with!!!


Black Forest Cake:
Chocolate cake layered with rings of sweetened, Kirsch whipped cream and cherries. Iced with Kirsch whipped cream, topped with cherries and chocolate cigarettes. Ring of chocolate "Jimmies" around bottom.


Vanilla Genoise and Chocolate Mousse Triangles:
Covered with dark chocolate, decorated with milk chocolate.


Raspberry Mousse Cake:
Ribbon sponge cake filled with raspberry mousse. Topped with clear glaze and chocolate piping.


Cakes Part I Final Project: A cake of our choosing!
Vanilla chiffon cake with honey lavender soaking syrup, filled with lemon curd, and iced with honey creme chantille with rosettes and shell boarder. Royal icing decorations (lavender flowers, lemons and a honey bee hive.)


Next up, photos from the advanced half of cakes class:-)

No comments: